The National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF), the trade association for the shooting, hunting and firearms industry, has compiled a playlist of YouTube videos featuring shotgun-shooting instructor Gil Ash, owner of OSP Shooting School.
The series covers many problem areas game- and target shotgunners will encounter, from the basics of how to carry a shotgun, and how to make a smooth and consistent shotgun mount to much more technical advice, such as how to break chandelle targets and other arcing presentations.
Many of the videos include animations to explain aspects of where and how to shoot targets and birds.
The topics and video lengths are summarized below. At the bottom is a link to “The Right-to-Left Crossing Target” video.
If you want more detailed instruction, OSP offers its training materials through a “Knowledge Vault” subscription to materials on its website, either $400 a year or $37.50 monthly.
- Stance & Grip for High Tower Targets: Hands Together, Feet Together 2:30
- Shooting Arcing Targets: Chandelle Target – Sporting Clays Tip 4:38
- Three “Bullet” Drill – Sporting Clays Tip 3:52
- When You Don’t Know What to Do – Sporting Clays Tip 7:00
- The Right-to-Left Crossing Target – Sporting Clays Tip 3:54
- The Key to the Rabbit Target – Sporting Clays Tip 3:31
- Taking the Shot at Springing Teal Targets – Sporting Clays Tip 6:45
- How to Shoot Trap – Shotgun Shooting Tip 13:51
- Smooth and Consistent Shotgun Mount – Sporting Clays Tip 6:56
- The Secret to Breaking More Targets, The Eyes Have It! – Sporting Clays Tip 4:12
- The Secret to Shooting a Curling Target – Sporting Clays Tip 3:37
- Break More Clay Shooting the OSP Way – Sporting Clays Tip 5:17
- Gun Speed and Target Lead – Sporting Clays Tip 3:39
- How to Mount a Shotgun – Gun Mount – Sporting Clays Tip 2:03
- Birds and Clays Fly Differently – NSSF Shooting Sportscast 2:16
- Pick Up Your Targets Quicker – NSSF Shooting Sportscast 3:21
- Don’t Be Shy, Head Out to the Range – Sporting Clays Tip 1:13
- Instinctive Shooting – Sporting Clays Tip 2:45
- How to Mount a Shotgun – Shotgun Mount 2 – Sporting Clays Tip 1:48
- Slow Down That Target – Sporting Clays Tip 2:14
- Don’t Look Down the Barrel – Sporting Clays Tip 2:45
- How to Carry a Shotgun 2:21
- Bruise the Clay Not Your Arm – NSSF Shooting Sportscast 2:15
- Understanding Gun Fit – NSSF Shooting Sportscast 4:55
- Spreading What? – Sporting Clays Tip 3:33