Shooting at the range is one of the best parts of firearm ownership.
If you’re like me and you shoot a lot of handguns, having a specialized range bag may come in handy.
Here are some of the best range bags for handguns on the market.
1. G Outdoors G.P.S. Tactical Range Backpack
The G Outdoors G.P.S. Tactical Range Backpack is a level up from traditional range bags.
Further, it incorporates an internal honeycomb frame, improving rigidity and protecting your gear.
There is also an external bungee system to secure your targets for easy transportation.
- Three Internal Handgun Storage Cases with Magazine Storage
- Four Outside Zippered Pockets for Ammo and Accessories
- Padded Waist Strap for Load Stability
- Internal Honeycomb Frame for Rigidity
- External Bungee System for Targets
- YKK Locking Zipper for Handgun Compartment
2. Voodoo Tactical Deluxe Terminator Range Bag
The Voodoo Tactical Terminator Bag is a sleek and compact option for a no-bulk, hassle-free trip to the range.
It fits two pistols in outside padded compartments and features two additional pockets on the other side of the bag.
It is capable of storing up to eight pistol magazines and eight rifle magazines in compartments with velcro flap covers.
Additionally, the bag incorporates PALS webbing and D-rings to attach extra gear.
- Fits Two Pistols in Padded Compartments
- Two Additional Zippered Pockets
- Bag Opens Flat with a Two-Way Zipper
- Eight Pistol Mag Pouches and Eight Rifle Mag Pouches with Velcro Covers
- Full-Length Zippered Pouch
- PALS Webbing and D-Rings
3. NcSTAR Vism Competition Range Bag for Pistols
This is the kind of bag I got when I first got into shooting. It is cost-effective and provides good service.
It features storage loops for magazines (up to four AR-15 mags or eight pistol mags) and has a top loop to quickly secure your hearing protection for convenient access.
Further, the Vism Competition Range Bag incorporates padded compartments to keep your firearms safe from getting scratched.
The bag also includes a removable brass bag with a mesh bottom to sift through dirt.
- Heavy-Duty Metal Zipper Tabs
- Main Cover Has Velcro Patch for Patches and Name Tape
- Top Velcro Loop for Securing Hearing Protection
- Front Padded Compartment
- Internal Elastic Loops for Magazines
- Front Zippered Pockets
- Brass Bag with Adjustable Top Drawstring
- Large Metal D-Rings
4. Grey Ghost Gear Handgun Range Bag
Grey Ghost Gear makes some excellent firearm gear and their range bag is no exception.
It features 1260 cubic inches of overall storage with generous pockets and storage space.
The bag is constructed of durable 500D Cordura Nylon so it can stand up to years of abuse.
Additionally, it features non-skid feet on the bottom and reinforcement webbing to withstand harsh environments.
Transportation to and from the range is made comfortable and simple with the padded carrying strap.
- 9″ Tall, 20″ Wide and 7″ Deep; Total of 1260 Cubic Inches
- Padded Carrying Strap
- Generous Pockets and Storage
- Constructed of Durable 500D Cordura Nylon
- Non-Skid Feet and Reinforcement Webbing
5. Voodoo Tactical Rhino Range Bag for Handguns
With the inner bag removed, the Rhino has two padded open-side pockets on the inside of the main compartment.
The large outer bag has two full-length padded side pouches, one with a padded divider to hold two firearms.
There are also additional side pockets that are great for storing ammunition, eye and ear protection, or supplies for firearm maintenance.
With its rugged and durable construction, this handgun range bag is sure to stand up to years of use.
- Double Zipper Access Top
- Removable Inner Bag
- Webbed Handles and Shoulder Strap
- Padded Divider for Use with Two Weapons
- Moveable Magazine Loops
- Removable Drawstring Dump Pouch
Honorable Mention: Pelican iM2200 Storm Case
The Pelican iM2200 Storm case is a bit different from the other options on this list but I had to include it because it is a great alternative.
Depending on how you layout your gear in the pick-n-pluck foam, you can fit a couple pistols, magazines and other range gear inside, or you can make slots for around seven pistols and a spare magazine for each.
The Pelican iM2200 Storm closes tight with two press-and-pull latches and is constructed of lightweight, strong HPX resin.
Additionally, the case utilizes a Vortex Valve to make the case watertight to protect your gear from the environment.
Pelican cases are guaranteed for life and are sturdy enough for the harshest conditions, making them a great investment.
- Interior Dimensions 15″x10.5″x6″
- Two Press and Pull Latches
- Lightweight Strong HPX Resin
- Double Layered Soft Grip Handles
- Vortex Valve
- Two Padlockable Hasps
- Powerful Hinges
- Guaranteed for Life
Conclusion: Best Handgun Range Bags
A trip to the range is great fun, but not if something happens to your firearms along the way.
A good range bag makes transporting your firearms safer and easier, and gives your extra room for all of your range essentials.
If you choose any of the amazing range bags for handguns on this list, you are sure to love it.
What are your favorite range bags for handguns? Let us know in the comments section below!
This giveaway has ended, Keith M was our winner! Thanks to everyone who entered and best of luck for the next giveaway.