Archery has become very popular with busy women because they realize they can practice in their own backyards without having to schedule time at a range.
Thanks to recent movies and TV shows that depict archery, the popularity of the ancient sport and hunting method has increased significantly during the last decade. An added bonus is that each archery company in today’s market has a bow specifically designed for women, from the beginner all the way to most advanced.
13 Good Reasons to Take an Archery Class at BOW
Many avid archers can give you more reasons why you should try archery than you have time to hear. Here are 13 reasons you may want to find and enroll in a BOW archery class sooner rather than later.
- Fun! Women who have tried archery admit they enjoy the quietness of it when compared to other traditional outdoor activities, such as shooting.
- Archery equipment comes in all sizes. That translates into a great family activity in which almost every member of the family can participate—even preschoolers.
- There are fewer government regulations for archery equipment compared to firearms. That often means women can shoot whenever they want because all they have to do is step into their backyards, instead of driving to ranges.
- You do not need a background check to purchase archery equipment.
- Unlike firearm ammunition, an arrow can be fired countless times before replacement.
- Archery has very little noise associated with it, making it ideal for backyard activity and hunting.
- Archery is an excellent upper-body workout.
- The cost of a bow and arrow varies from relatively inexpensive to ridiculous, depending on your taste, although once you make the initial investment there will be minimal expenses in the future.
- Safety is a major plus. Without an arrow loaded on the string and the string pulled back, there is much less chance of injury. Most injuries are to your fingers from sharp broadheads (only used for hunting). As with anything serious accidents can happen, and you should respect the equipment.
- For women who hunt, using archery equipment often extends the hunting season, which translates into more opportunities to put meat on the table.
- Archery equipment is easily maintained. Keeping your string waxed and in good shape and making sure your arrows and tips are sharp are the bulk of maintenance.
- Storage space is minimal. Fewer things can rust on a bow and arrow compared to a firearm, so they can be stored in a variety of places.
- Learning a few new skills, such as how to use a bow and arrow, can help you become more self-reliant and may even help you survive a few days in the wilderness.
What is your favorite thing about archery? Share your thoughts in the comment section.