We have another release from Winchester and again it’s right up my alley. Hey boss, why do I get all the guns designed before 1900? You get a degree in history, restore old guns, write about old guns, read about old guns, love old guns, and look what you get—a great job and the chance to write about a legend—the Winchester Model 1894 is back on the shelves!
These beauties are known as the Trail’s End Takedown and come in the respectable and faithful .30-30 and as well as the monstrous .450 Marlin. I am a little sad that it was not the .45-70 Government but the design of the .45-70 cartridges made it healthier for the .450 Marlin chambering. And what a ride it must be to crank off a lever-action rifle in .450 Marlin, definitely not for the faint of heart. With the straight stock and extended magazine, it has that classic saddle-gun look.
Like the Winchester Model 73 being released, this is a step back into the past and I am happy to say I am very excited to see firearms that are not made from food storage containers. Way to go Winchester!
Specifications and Features
- WALNUT STOCK—satin finish, authentic straight-grip styling and a blued steel forearm cap offer a nostalgic look
- TRADITIONAL JOHN M. BROWNING-DESIGNED TAKEDOWN MECHANISM—fast and easy to operate
- TRIPLE-CHECKED BUTTON RIFLED BARREL—the ultimate in accuracy and precision
- ROUND LOCKING BOLT TRUNNIONS—ensures a smooth, quick lever throw
- TOP-TANG SAFETY—easy to see and operate
- REBOUNDING HAMMER—provides an added margin of safety
- BOLT RELIEF CUT—reduces hammer drag for smoother cocking
- RADIUSED LEVER EDGES—givems added protection to your fingers
- HAMMER—drilled and tapped for knurled hammer spur extension to aid in cocking and decocking the hammer when a scope is mounted
- MARBLE ARMS® FRONT SIGHT AND ADJUSTABLE SEMI-BUCKHORN REAR SIGHT—helps with target acquisition
- STEEL LOADING GATE—smoother loading
- ARTICULATED CARTRIDGE STOP—improves feeding reliability without damaging cartridges
- DRILLED AND TAPPED FOR SCOPE MOUNTS—easily attach your favorite optics
- BARREL LENGTH—20 inches
- OVERALL LENGTH—38 inches
- LENGTH OF PULL—13 ½ inches
- DROP AT COMB—1 ¼ inches
- DROP AT HEEL—1 ¾ inches
- WEIGHT—6 lbs., 12 oz.
- CALIBER—.30-30; .450 Marlin