In my opinion, Magpul designs products that offer solutions to problems I never knew I had. Once I started using their products, I thought, “Ah! That is what I’ve been missing.” Both innovative and trustworthy, Magpul hasn’t failed me yet. It does not surprise me that rifle companies, like Colt, Smith & Wesson, and Black Rain Ordnance are offering AR-15 rifle models with Magpul MOE (Magpul Original Equipment) furniture and sights. After all, wouldn’t you upgrade anyway?
That is exactly what the Magpul CTR (Compact/Restricted Type) MIL-SPEC buttstock is—an upgrade for your AR-15 with a MIL-SPEC sized receiver. Like the MOE, the CTR has the same A-frame profile that reduces the overall weight of your rifle. The CTR buttstock only weighs 0.55 pounds. To adjust the stock, simply press the release latch and find the right comfortable position. I like mine short. The CTR has a 6.90-inch maximum length. The release latch utilizes a chrome-silicon spring that locks the stock into place and prevents the stock of accidentally collapsing to a different position.
The stock also uses a friction lock system that minimizes wobble, which I can attest to. These babies don’t go anywhere! Magpul stocks offer a stable platform, no matter how many rounds you put down range.
The 0.30-inch buttpad is removable, however it is so low profile and comfortable. I don’t see why you would want to remove it. It will not slip from your shoulder whether you are wearing a t-shirt or decked out in combat gear. For me, the buttpad is the perfect size, not the least bit bulky or a hindrance in any way.
Proudly made in USA, the Magpul CTR stock includes sling mounts and is compatible with Magpul ASAP (Ambidextrous Sling Attachment Point) receiver mount sling attachments.
Because of the short length of this stock, it is subject to ITAR (International Traffic in Arms Regulations Controlled Product) regulations and illegal to export.
Remember this particular model fits MIL-SPEC sized receiver extension tubes only.
Specifications and Features
- Mounts on mil-spec sized carbine receiver extension tube (not included) from manufacturers such as Colt, Armalite, S&W, LMT, and others
- Sloping cheek weld combines a slim profile with user comfort
- Shielded release latch prevents snagging and accidental operation
- Premium chrome-silicon lock spring provides positive locking and long service life
- Side mounting slots accept optional cheek risers for NON-AR15/M16 applications
- Removable 0.30″ Rubber Butt-Pad offers an anti-slip surface and increases impact protection
- Compatible with Magpul ASAP® and other receiver-mount sling attachments
- Sling Mounts
- Weight: 0.55 lb.
- Weight, w/ Rec. Extension: 0.80 lb.
- Length, Maximum: 6.90 in.
- LOP Adjustment Range: 3.25 in.
- LOP, M4 Collapsed: 10.70 in.
- LOP, M4 Extended: 13.95 in.
Like it? Want it? Buy it!