Do you love pounding the keyboard or putting pen to paper? Fancy yourself a SayUncle? If so, we want to hear from you! If you think you have what it takes to join the ranks of the expert writers on the Shooter’s Log, tell us your story! Starting on April 4, 2015 through May 4, 2015 we will be accepting submissions from you—our customer—to be a blogger for a day. All you have to do is review a gun, ammunition, or any other product that we sell! In June, the Shooter’s Log will post one article a week from four winners. Your article will run on the Shooter’s Log and in Cheaper Than Dirt!’s weekly newsletter, The Chronicle. And the best part? Not only will you see your name in print, you will receive a $100 Cheaper Than Dirt Gift! gift card.
When you become the blogger of the day on The Shooter’s Log, you join the ranks of known firearm gurus and experts like editors from Gun Tests, Guns & Ammo and Shooting Times magazines, Robert Sadowski, author of The Shooter’s Bible series, Mike Seeklander, well-known self-defense and handgun instructor, Michael Bane, host of Down Range TV and so many other industry giants.
60,000 people a day visit the Shooter’s Log and will be eager to read what you have to say. Further, your article will reach over 1.4 million people who read Cheaper Than Dirt!’s Chronicle every week. We will post a link to your article on Facebook, where our 407,000 plus friends will read your story, with an additional 37,000 other possible reads from our Twitter followers. You never know, this might be the start of an exciting career in the firearms industry! Please read all the rules before submitting your article:
- Submissions must arrive on or before midnight on May 4, 2015. Articles submitted after the end date will not be considered or read.
- Articles must be at least 1,000 words.
- Reviewed product must be available on www.cheaperthandirt.com at the time of submission.
- Article must include at least two photos of the product in use by you. No stock or manufactures’ photos.
- Don’t worry about formatting your article; just attach a Word document to your email.
- Participants cannot be affiliated with Cheaper Than Dirt! in any way—including current employees, ex-employees, family members or friends of employees of and at Cheaper Than Dirt!
- Your article must be your own words and not anyone else’s. Plagiarized articles will not be considered.
- Only one submission per participant is allowed.
- Participants must be at least 18 years old.
Winners are judged on spelling, grammar, originality, tone of voice, creativity, quality of review, thorough analysis of product and quality of images.
So we can know a little bit more about you, include a short bio about yourself, explaining what you do and how you got into the shooting sports. Don’t forget to include your name and how we can get a hold of you.
Winners will be announced on May 30, 2015.
Send your submissions, bio and product photos to firstname.lastname@example.org before May 4, 2015.
Good luck and we can’t wait to hear your stories! Please read all contest rules and regulations before submitting.
Thank you all for your comments.
The date was wrong on the email you received. The deadline to enter is May 4, 2015.
I am sorry for any confusion or inconvenience that this caused.
I would love to do a review, and send it in, However, I JUST got the email about the contest yesterday, Being this email announcing the contest was either late going out, or miss written another announcement with the right dates would be in order.
I’m sure the month of March being scribed in here was just a typo. This all sounds like fun.
I wonder how many potential submitters you lost by mentioning a March deadline in the email that only went out finally on April 3d … not cool to ask us for stuff then tell us it is already too late to send it in, indicating somebody wasn’t watching the calendar, or proofreading the outgoing mail at your offices.