Wake up America! Who is in the Second Amendment’s Corner?

By Dave Dolbee published on in General, News

Hint – Hint — It’s not the Democrats!

How safe do you believe your gun rights to be? The Senate and House are both debating gun legislation this week and several of the more radical states are considering or have recently passed anti-Second Amendment legislation. There is a lot of rhetoric being bandied about political circles as well as social media, which make it hard for some to sort the wheat from the chaff. And while we are still reeling from the onslaught of political ads and campaigns of the 2012 election, the 2014 midterm elections are just around the corner.

Just as important as the domestic votes are the votes by officials you and I don’t get to elect. The United Nations recently voted to adopt a new global arms treaty. The pact passed with 154-3 and 23 abstentions. The United States was NOT one of the three. Our Executive branch willfully decided to oppose the Legislative Branches’ will by voting in favor of the pact.

United Nations Vote

Even though the U.S. Senate had already voted 53-46 NOT to support the United Nations Arms Trade Treaty, the Executive Branch moved forward by voting in favor of it at the United Nations and President Obama has vowed to sign it in the future.

Our last line of defense was in the Senate where a ratification vote would be necessary. Fortunately, it was defeated in the Senate. To have passed the Senate it would have required a two-thirds vote (67 Senators) and did not come close, but the vote was still very telling.

The vote in the Senate actually happened before the vote. That means, knowing the Senate did not—and would not—approve the treaty, the Obama administration defied the will of the legislature—and the people—to vote in favor of the pact at the U.N. Knowing this, President Obama has also vowed to sign the treaty in the next few months. Given the administration’s history of subverting the Constitution at every turn, I am very concerned about the future of the Second Amendment and the under-handed tactics they administration may use.

Interestingly, the treaty is also subjective in its enforcement. i.e. each country can ratify the treaty and then decide if, or how, to enforce the treaty with regard to its own country. Therefore, Obama could continue to ship small arms, tanks etc. to Egypt’s Muslim Brotherhood, while taking pistols and shotguns from the hands of citizens in the United States. This is the policy that nearly half of our current Senators support!

How the Vote Played Out

BIll_of_Rights

The proof is in the Congressional records. Which political party was able to muster 46 votes in favor of the United Nations over the Second Amendment?

Sen. James Inhofe (R-Okla.) introduced an amendment that would prevent the United States from entering into the United Nations Arms Trade Treaty in order to uphold the Second Amendment. His amendment passed on a 53-46 vote. 53-46… that means 46 Senators—almost half—preferred the United Nations pact to the principles set forth in the Bill of Rights. It should be mind boggling that there is 46 Senators willing to vote in favor of letting United Nations policy supersede our Second Amendment rights. If these 46 Senators would let the U.N. come in and dictate our rights, how do you think they would vote on a domestic law to strip us of our rights? A vote where they did not need two-thirds but rather a simple majority?

Meet Your Senators

As much as I hate to start the political cycle already, it is upon us. Politicians believe they can get away with votes such as this without penalty, but we need to show them the reality of their actions and their attempt to subvert the Bill of Rights.

I would like to introduce you to the 46 United States Senators who were willing to sign over your Second Amendment rights to the United Nations—Surprise! They are all Democrats…

1. Baldwin (D-WI)
  41. Udall (D-CO)
  42. Udall (D-NM)
  43. Warner (D-VA)
  44. Warren (D-MA)
  45. Whitehouse (D-RI)
  46. Wyden (D-OR)

What do you think will be the future of the Second Amendment? Let us know in the comments section below!

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

• SoonToBeSergeant

I don’t know about you all, but I have shared this particular website with many people I know and have encouraged them to read it. I think everyone who posted or read these comments should do the same. On top of that, I believe, what I previously stated, these people should be treated like the defendants of the War Trials after WWII. Put them in solitary jail cells and try them for treason and be awarded criminal punishment.

• Landon K

I can’t say that I have a lot more to add. There’s been a lot of good posts. I just want to say a storm is coming. I think things haven’t hit the fan yet. The only way that we keep our rights and our freedoms is to band together and keep your guns. The people willing to die for this will be the real heros of tomorrow. I only hope that enough people feel this way and will be willing to stand if it becomes necessary. I can assure you I’m going to stand right by the rest of the good folks out there who want to keeps their freedoms. No politician in Washington can take these rights away if we stand against it. Our country was founded on the words “We the people” not “The high and mighty government.” Keep your guns weather they say you can or not, stay informed on your representatives, vote to get rid of the crooked politicians, and stand for what is right.

• Tony in NC

I have contacted all of my representatives at least 3 times each since this mess began after the Sandy Hook tragedy. I am HAPPY to say that none of my elected North Carolina officials appear on this list and all have responded to me personally regarding the draconian legislation proposed by the gun-grabbers, each echoing my own sentiments: “NO! NO! NO!”.

• undex

Mr. Shirley – Semper Fi Marine! And NEVER forget the honor you and the rest of our brothers carried to the sandbox and other S#!tholes around the world. You served with honor Sir as that is what is in your spirit. NEVER… NEVER let the scum that has infested our LZ taint the meaning of our Constitution and the heroes like yourself that sold out to defend her. As an AFSOC Gulf War vet, I did not attend a ceremony that rescinded my oath to defend Our Constitution when I left active. Brother I will PROUDLY stand shoulder to shoulder with you and put whatever is necessary downrange to restore our great Republic. Let’s hope for the sake of our families that can simply be deterrence through strength. Nevertheless… diligence!

• Kicknbak

Here’s the one I sent my Senator last week…

Dear Senator …..,

I’m writing to you to express my concerns with any possible ‘bartering’ with my 2nd amendment rights, along with all our other Constitutional protected freedoms. I voted for you thinking you were close to my beliefs, yet am hearing you may sidle up to those out to destroy our freedoms, point after point. Give a little and they’ll take a lot. It is time to take the stand and stop any rewriting of our Constitution at every little convenience to those covertly undermining everything we’re stood for.

I’m so sorry for all the tragic problems coming up now where guns have been used, but it’s not the problem with the guns. YOU know that. The liberal socialists have decided to use this to advance their own agenda instead of attacking the real problems at their sources. Mental illness, gangs and gangsters, poor economics, the jobless rates… every damn thing that’s not being fixed but are being used to cause discontent and divide the people. You know that divided we will fail and fall, be it a little at a time or when they feel comfortable they’ll just take one big fascist step and make slaves and gangsters of all of us.
    In case you’re unaware, there is a civil war brewing in the shadows of this country now as many of us have spent our own time in the ranks of service to this country. We are not about giving it away a little at a time, or any of it any more for that matter.

It’s time our lawyers and politicians decided to stand and protect us, rather than rewrite our laws. What we have is good, and has worked for the people, to keep us the best country in the world. No small feat. Those that oppose us are tearing this country apart for their own profits. At this time I’m no longer asking you to do what’s right, I’m demanding it… unless you want your own name to go down in the annals of history as one who sided with those that destroyed it. Right now, don’t be one that makes my time, my ancestors, and my children’s and grand children’s time spent in the service of this country worthless and irrelevant. We are all counting on you now to be one, be strong, to stand fast and up for ‘us’. We are holding you to your oath of promise to uphold our Constitution and freedom. We the people need you and others like you restore this country to it’s once honored place.

WE are not interested in a One World Society where we are the ones footing the bills for those that would abuse and misuse. A world of ‘Government’ rather than freedom. Other country’s have already gotten rich on the USA’s sweats and intelligence… while we have back slidden to our lowest position in the world’s eyes. Don’t advance this trend.

We have usually held you in high esteem (and office) as one who represents we the people, one whose ideals and forsights are similiar to ours, for the betterment. One of common sense, somewhat lost in the ruts and muck these days. If not, then at least please stand fast, for what we have is better than what we will get. Don’t let them tear anything more apart of what our ancestors and families suffered and paid for, over and over again. Thank You.

Sincerely,
    Roger . …….
    Citizen & Veteran

• brushbender

My fellow American Patriots. The time for “conversation” about the taking of our Gun Rights is fast approaching an end. The time for preparation and action is past due and becoming urgent. You are now going to pay more but “get that AR, buy that ammo and those rations and gear”! Find a clever hiding place for them. Get off your but and go to that rally, carry that big sign. Get that Revolutionary War costume and get in the face of those leftist democrat hacks. We must get out there in-mass. Drama that titillates and gets ratings is the only thing the socialist media and lefty, duped democrat voters will pay attention to. And if they don’t . . . it will then be time to find that Melita Group and enlist.

• Kevin G.

Here is a letter I just sent to my state senator.

I just saw that you voted in favor of the UN Arms Trade Treaty when not just a month or so ago you said to me you would not be voting for it but instead you lie or get pressured into signing it and giving away my Second Amendment rights.

Did you forget when you took your oath of office that you placed your hand on a bible and swore to protect the Constitution of the United States of America?

I can’t even begin to say how disappointed I am in what you and many others have done! Our forefathers are turning over in their graves for what they fought so hard for to put on paper and to defend it.

Shame on you!!

• Mad American

Why do we keep voting these jokers in?

• ron

all those evil people have been and continue to ruin our country. most regular
    folks don’t have a clue of what’s been happening and continues to happen.
    they have walked on our constitution non stop so they can control all of us
    and start eliminateing people. they say the 20,000 drones are for the border
    and other bull sh##, that is a lie. they keep giving the muslims everything
    but yet we as americans we keep getting punished. they goal, destroy America.
    biden also mentioned the NWO and that’s what they are working towards.
    wake up folks, I just hope to god it’s not too late.