NaveELite partnered with the up-and-coming HzO, Inc. to offer a high-quality compass that is easy to see in any condition, even underwater. In 2010, two Special Operations soldiers decided that there was a better way to operate in the field, and founded NavELite.
GPS-guided compasses often malfunction or have problems functioning in many environments, so the founders produced a high-quality analog compass that works in every condition.
HzO, Inc. has been around for a few years, but improvements in their patented WaterBlock™ technology have recently made the company buzzworthy. The WaterBlock technology is a microscopic film that covers the internal parts of an electronic device; this coating repels water without adding weight or size to the device.
NavELite and HzO worked together to produce a new tactical compass that is invulnerable to water, dust, and humidity.
The compass is wrist-worn—like a watch—and features the same electroluminescent backlighting as the previous model. The WaterBlock technology will keep the compass working, even underwater. The compass is magnetic as opposed to digital, so it will work in any location. The backlighting allows for vivid, clear readability at night or in dark conditions, and will not short out if used when wet, dirty or in heavy humidity. However, prolonged exposure to underwater conditions will affect the compass’ function, so I wouldn’t recommended this for diving.
The United States Army Ranger school approved the compass for the compass for training. Designed for the military operator, many outdoor enthusiasts will find the compass useful. The NavELite compass is also a great addition to a bug-out bag, when having a reliable compass that won’t fail is a necessity.
NavELite will release the tactical compass commercially sometime this year. NavELite is offering a $15 discount promotion for those who sign up for an alert when the product is available.
Features and Specifications
- Magnetic Needle – Works in Northern Hemisphere
- Liquid filled Compass face
- Latex-free Wristband – Fits 95% wrist sizes
- Metal buckle
- Polypropylene Momentary switch – Activates Electroluminescence
- Electroluminescent backlight – uses 3.0 volt watch battery
- Night-vision friendly
- Luminova luminescent paint – Back-up if battery dies
- Total Weight – less than 35 grams.
- 1.36″ Bezel Diameter – Scratch-resistant Lexan plastic face.
- HzO WaterBlock nanocoating – Resists dust, humidity, water
- Corrosion Resistant
- Humidity Resistant (MIL spec STD-810)
- Salt Resistant (MIL spec STD-810)
- Thermal Stability (from -50°C to 120°C)
- Vibration Resistant (MIL Spec STD-833)
Trackback from your site.