Breaking: Glock 26 and Glock 34 Modular Optic System (MOS) Now Gen5

By CTD Blogger published on in Firearms

Glock came on to the scene in the 1980s, and the handgun market has never been the same since. Always on the cutting edge of technology, when Glock has news, the market responds. Today, Glock announced two additions to the Gen5 family—Glock 26 and the Glock 34 Modular Optic System (MOS). Here is the full release from Glock.

Glock, Inc., announced the addition of the Glock 26 and the Glock 34 Modular Optic System (MOS) to the Generation 5 pistol family, bringing the number of 9×19 caliber pistols in the Gen5 family to four.

Glock Gen5 announcement banner

The G26 Gen5 and G34 Gen5 MOS continue the evolution of perfection with over 20 design changes to distinguish them from their Gen4 predecessors. Through rigorous testing and development, Glock has combined the historical reliability and trust in the brand with precisely-engineered design changes to meet the demand of consumers world-wide.

“The development of our Generation 5 pistols was the result of the constant pursuit of perfection and a desire to meet the requests of the consumer market,” said Glock, Inc. VP Josh Dorsey. “We have combined the standards of high-level performance and reliability with distinctive design enhancements to improve durability, accuracy, and performance. The benefits enhance the shooter experience at the range and in high-stress situations where fractions of a second matter.”

Among the design enhancements are the Glock Marksman Barrel (GMB) which delivers increased accuracy with enhanced polygonal rifling and an improved barrel crown, no finger grooves, ambidextrous slide stop levers for better versatility and control, and an nDLC finish, which is a tougher and more durable finish that is exclusive to the Glock manufacturing process.

The G26 Gen5 and G34 Gen5 MOS will be available on dealer shelves beginning January 22 2018.

What’s your favorite Gen5 model? Which Glock is most deserving to join the Gen5 family next? Share your answers in the comment section.

Tags: , ,

• Phil

Passing judgment on any product based on rare event outliers is just dumb. There are no perfect manufacturers of anything. Period.

However, the weight of experience for the Glock’s reliability is second to none. Glock is the gold standard of firearm reliability. Doesn’t mean they’re 100%, but NO firearm manufacturer is.

I bought my first Glock, a Gen 2 G23 in 1988. From then till now I’ve put TEN’s of THOUSANDS of rounds through it. From crappy reloads to +P defense loads, and it eats it all with only a rare FTF or FTE. And it is still my bedside go to.

Now that I’m getting older along with the improvements in 9mm defense ammo between 1988 and now, I’m planning on picking up a G19 to retire my G23, though not that it needs it by any means. I could easily sell that G23 as “lightly used.”

Over the years I’ve shot and owned many other brands and still own many of them. But for home defense and concealed carry my Glocks are still my #1’s.

• FesterAdams

The 10mm G20 would be awesome

• charles herold

hoping they will put the model 32/357 sig in production. I have a gen 3 model and have intercgangable barrels for the 40 cal. & the 9mm, plus mags for all three calibers.

you can convert down to the 9mm from the 357 sig, but cannot convert up from the 9mm. 40 cal & 357 mags are interchangable, but not the 9mm.

• 70's Ops

Honestly……I wouldn’t hit a dog in the ass with a Glock. Had one, sold it. NEVER liked their triggers. Carry a Canik TP9SA. 18+1, perfect trigger, excellent ergonomics, lightweight and dependable. Sold the rest of my handguns after I bought the Canik. Had enough money to build a 6.5 Grendel and buy my son a Canik TP9SF. He prefers double action. He and all his compadres love it.

• 70's Ops

Although, to be fair, the Glock I sold was nearly as accurate as my Canik and maybe a tiny bit softer recoil. But still, just not my cup o tea. I guess that’s why they make chocolate, vanilla,and strawberry. Different strokes etc.

• Mark Walker

Glock has already stated that Gen5 wiil be 9mm only, which is logical because of the fact that the Gen5 design has a 2-pin frame, which is limited to 9mm and .380 ACP. (The larger, more powerful calibers require a three-pin frame.) The G17L, G18, and G43 are Gen3 only, and are therefore unlikely to jump to Gen5. (Although the G43, and the G42, are Gen4 in everything but the lack of interchangeable backstraps, which evidently can’t be fitted because of the slimline frame.) The G25 and G28 also are Gen3 only, and are marketed only in countries other than the U.S. where civilians are limited to handguns of .380 ACP or smaller, so they are unlikely to jump to Gen5. Therefore, the only remaining candidates for Gen5 are the G34 without MOS and the various sub-models of the G17 and G19, such as the MOS models and C models, unless they change their minds and come out with a three-pin Gen5.

• Dan

Hope they update the rest of their lines, (ie. The 22, 23, etc.)

• Gary Cater

I have been waiting for the 40S&W gen 5. I have the compact 40 and would like to replace it with the new gen 5. Thanks, G.C.

• Joshua Bressel

I’ve heard some terrible things about the new nDLC finish, but I’m waiting to see. It’s good to see that the frame of the G26 is correctly beveled, to match the slide, unlike the 17 and 19, which is a problem that I really hope that they will fix. The G19X is, likewise a miss. The new mags are AMAZING, and I can’t wait to buy 6 for my FDE G17, but the grip is harder to conceal than the slide, so why a longer grip(negatively affects concealability), with a shorter slide/barrel(negatively affects accuracy/velocity), when the opposite, a longer slide/barrel, with a G19 grip, would be so much more effective! It would combine the concealability of the G19, with the accuracy/velocity of the G17!

• JSchalk

Looking for a more powerful hand gun than the G32, one that will go through body armor? Look at the FN Herstal Five-seveN 5.7x28mm Pistol. Yes the projectile is smaller, but it is powerful.

• Deplorable Robert

I like a little more fire power than a “9”. And “everybody” has a .45…. So I like to be different And i got me a G32. That’s my EDC. But to be fair today’s 9mm ammo comes close to the .357 Sig performance. And I like the amount of capacity too in the 9 mms.😎

• AZSixGuns

Compare ballistic tests between a 9mm and 357 Sig with traditional hollowpoint ammo like Golden Sabre, Gold Dot, HST, Critical Duty and the difference is astounding for penetration, expansion, wound channel and stretch cavities. In fact, 357 Sig is more impressive than 45 ACP, 40 S&W and 9mm when using traditional hollowpoints. Some bullets like XTP, the 357 Sig will over penetrate which could be a concern for many including myself. Now, if you want to use a novel bullet like Lehigh Defense Xtreme Defenders, then 40 S&W is the clear winner with a 3″ wound cavity, 10 stretch cavity, and 18″ penetration – it’s a killer!